Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Settling In...

I have officially been in Italy for eight days and am starting to settle into the daily life here. I started classes on Monday and so far have had Intro. to Italian Language, Chemistry in the Visual Arts, and Renaissance Art in Florence. All of the classes so far seem really interesting and valuable so I am hoping to take a lot away from them. Most of my classes have a number of class trips to accompany them. It will be great to in the center of the art world!

Outside of the classroom, I have spent a lot of time getting lost, eating, and hanging out with fellow Endicott kids. We have decided that doing a number of family dinners throughout our stay here will help cut down on costs. On Monday, we made pasta primavera with appetizers. For only 2 euro, around 10 of us were able to eat a good meal!

Last night we went to a burger place down the street that had free wifi and delicious burgers. It's great to have something with a little taste of home. After burgers we went to a bar called "The Red Garter" where they were holding a huge beer pong tournament, which obviously attracted a lot of American college students. I was too late to enter, however my roommate Miles made it to the semifinals...the tournament is held every Tuesday so we still have many more opportunities to win a free trip!

Since most of us don't have classes on Friday, we are going to take an hour and a half train ride to Piza to see the leaning tower. For the rest of the weekend I hope to get outside of the city and venture into some of the beautiful hills just out of view. City life is great, but some of the bustle can be overwhelming. There are a number of buzzing scooters, bicycles, buses, and tiny cars zipping by at all times.

Anyway, the library is closing so I must wrap this blog post up. Photos to come soon!

Caio!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful experience! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    Aunt Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the pictures alex? i'm missing my ja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Alex where are the pics?
    Kim & I need to know what we are missing.

    ReplyDelete